The OKC Thunder lead Portland 49-42 at the half. Here’s what’s going on:
- Serge Ibaka is off to a slow start. He’s 1-for-5 from the field, 1-of-2 from the line and has also missed converting a couple of potential dunks/layups.
- Russell Westbrook looks to be on a mission to atone for last night’s poor performance. Westbrook has 18 points in the first half and has driven the lane with authority. He has, however, missed out on about six easy points from botched layups.
- The Kevin Martin-James Harden battle looks to be a wash. Martin has eight points and three rebounds in the first half—pacing Harden’s per-game average from a year ago.
- Eric Maynor hasn’t been much of a factor. In almost seven minutes, Maynor has just one point.
- Chesapeake Arena is still aptly named “Loud City.”
Second half underway.